Monday, February 7, 2011

The arms of a mother!

Yesterday last minute i took a trip by myself to see mom and dad.
as much as it was not planned, i have to say this husband of mine has come along way in the past couple months, when i told him i was gonna go, all he said was "OK, drive safe," he never once questioned it, i think he understands that i need to be with mom as much as i can.
So i headed out, got to the hospital, after the drive straight there and lots of water drinking, I HAD TO PEE SO BAD! i walked in the doors past 2 men who were talking, i had slightly forgot for a split second where the bathroom was, and the 1 guy asks behind me are you looking for someone? i turned around and as i was just about to ask where the bathroom was, i realized the person was my dad, i almost started to cry, because after seeing him at Christmas i did not expect to see him look that good, he has made such a huge recovery, still a bit weak but he is dad again, i missed him so much, and i made sure to tell him that.
After i FINALLY made it to the bathroom, I made my way to moms hospital room.
Dad, mom and I visited for a bit, talked and laughed some.
it was nice seeing dad getting better, and knowing he is taking care of mom,which was different because mom has always been the one taking care of dad, it was a side of dad i loved seeing. just wish it was under different circumstances.
The biggest thing i went for was a hug from mom, her arms are like no other arms, because she is mom. those arms have hugged me when i was a little girl growing up, no matter if i was bad, or good, they always held her children with unconditional love.
Those arms hugged me almost everyday till i was 19yrs old, they hugged me when her and i went to the doctor about my heart problems, they hugged me when i told mom and dad i was ready to move out on my own, they hugged me when i found the man i was going to spend the rest of my life with, when i told her i was giving her a grand baby, the day my first baby was born.
those arms where there the day my brother died, after she said goodbye to one child as he took his last breath she was able to turn and hold all of us in her arms and guide us though the tragic loss of Byron.
those arms were there with my son after my second baby came into this world,
those arms where there when i came out of  c-section for my third child who no one thought would live, she stayed with me and held my hand and told me it would all be OK, that she would be there for me what ever happened.
those arms hugged me when she finally seen Rhiannon beat the odds.
Those arms hugged Lena and I as we sat there on September 15Th 2010, as the doctor gave her and us the news of her cancer and little chance of survival.
She hugged us girls as we had to deal with both her and dad ended up in the hospital over Christmas.
And as she laid in her hospital bed yesterday weak, and tired, she still opened her arms to give me a hug, it was so warm and soft, so much unconditional love, that only a mother can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment